Re: long datatype in Pro*C/C++

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1997/11/11

Vasan,

There is a working program at this site that selects a Long column into a Varchar [32000] variable.
Release 1.6 of the Pro*C Supplement to the Oracle Precompilers Guide states that the maximum length of a VARCHAR is 65333 bytes. A normal char array apparently has no such limitation, although I haven't tried it. Longs are generally avoided here because of their limitations (can't use SUBSTR, etc.).
Without knowing the exact nature of your problem it's hard to comment further.

Vasan K <vasank_at_lips.net> wrote in article <3467bc09.1318808_at_news.lips.net>...