Connecting new instance with MS Access ?

From: Gerry West <gwest_at_skyconnect.com>
Date: 1997/11/10

[Quoted] I created a new instance to replace my outdated one. I was able to connect via ODBC to MS Access
to the old instance, but am having no luck with the new one. The service summary on the listener status
displays only my new instance. I've modified the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files
to reflect the new instance as well as the old one using different ports and SIDs but the same host.

I restarted the listener just fine. But received the following error when attempting to
connect with ODBC to MS Access:

ORA–12505 TNS:Listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor

Cause
The SID in the CONNECT_DATA was not found in the listener's tables.

Action
Check to make sure that the SID specified is correct. The SIDs that are supported can be obtained by typing LSNRCTL STATUS SERVICE_NAME and matching the SID specified in TNSNAMES.ORA with one of the SIDs displayed in the services summary.

I've followed the above actions required to fix this problem, but still no connection.
Is there something I need to reset to make this connection.

Thanks in advance,
Gerry West Received on Mon Nov 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message