ORACLE support is worst .!!!!.. we are waiting for days for them to call us back and they put us on hold for hours !!!!!! Why do we pay for support !!!

From: Hank Griffioen <hank_at_daac.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1997/11/06

   Hey Cathy,

      Great.... I guess ... still no word from ORACLE .... so did you tell your

      friend at ORACLE their support SUCKS !!!! ... I had my perl question answered

      by the person that wrote the DBI in less than 1 hour !!!! ... and Perl is

      free and DBI for perl is free .... I just find that to be UNREAL .... I

      have been trying to get the ORACLE JDBC to work for 2 weeks now and
      I got the perl interface to work in 3 days .....   Wow that is the
worst support
      of any package ... Even JAM would return my call within 24 hours every
time
      any question ......  So what are we paying support for anyway ? ...

      Any chance at all that we can get the sample code to work by Friday

Again 1 week of waiting for ORACLE to respond is just unreal.. I am wondering if there is a problem at ORACLE. [Quoted] If ANYONE know why ORACLE nolonger supports their products or if you have any info on getting support. Please send it to me .... Cathy can you send me our ORACLE CSI number for daacdev1 .... thanks

            thanks Received on Thu Nov 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message