Re: Forms 4.5: Problems displaying totals based on query

From: Peter H. Larsen <plen_at_novo.dk>
Date: 1997/10/27

Hi Gerado,
The SIMPLEST way is to query the sum in a seperate SELECT in the PRE-QUERY trigger. Remember, on normal conditions forms does NOT fetch all rows - only the ones needed to display the screen. The rest might be fetched into memory, but no triggers are run on the record until you navigate to them.

In forms 5.0 (the Developer version 2.0) this is an property - nothing else. No - Forms 5.0 is still in Beta and not available for production/purchaise.

  • Peter H. Larsen