Re: Help! We're down with ORA-7332 on Digital Unix box

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/10/22

From: jpeter5558_at_aol.com (JPeter5558) >> After a reboot the database has failed to come up, with ORA-7332. <<

Just because people say nothing has changed, does not mean that they did not  change anything. People forget, make mistakes, and worse sometimes lie about  what they did.

It is possible that a configuration, unix or oracle, was changed after the last  startup and the file parameters that are there now are not what was actually  in use befoe the reboot.

Since Oracle wants more shared memory, why not reconfigure the unix kernal to  support more shared memory and reboot. Then if this fails you probably need  to call Oracle support if you have it. I think 'ipcs' is the unix utility to  display shared memory, what does it show? Could some other application be  accessing shared memory and thereby reducing the amount available to Oracle?.  Remember that the entire sga is shared memory so if you increased the buffer  pool, shared pool, or log buffers in the init.ora you have increased the  amount of shared memory Oracle wants.

Good luck. I hope these ideas help. Please post problem cause and fix when  found. We have a VMS system and who knows?

Mark Powell -- The only advise that counts is the advise that you follow so follow your own advise Received on Wed Oct 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message