Re: Importing data from Oracle to SQL Server

From: Jim Ricker <rickerj_at_msn.com>
Date: 1997/10/21

I know of several mechanisms. The question is: What do you mean by direct? Do you mean that a query would be issued to Oracle and the result returned to SqlServer? Or, do you want to periodically update data from Oracle into SqlServer?

Data Junction makes an API product that would allow you to write a program which would call their API to transfer data to SqlServer. Or, I have a OLE components which allow simultaneous access to different DBMSs via ODBC.

Please tell me more.

Gene Cardenio wrote in message <01bcdb3a$f3b9d6c0$5c333fc0_at_Gene>...
>Is there any direct way that we can get data from Oracle tables to SQL
>Server? ... We would like to be be able to make the connection direct so
that the data can be accessed quickly. Received on Tue Oct 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message