Re: MDI Toolbar

From: DanHW <danhw_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/10/07

>Hi-

Ryan wrote...

>I have created a toolbar that is attached to the MDI window in my Forms
>4.5 application. I have buttons on the toolbar that are to be used for
>entering a query, executing a query, and cancelling a query. The
>problem is that when these buttons are pressed, I get an error saying
>that the function cannot be performed here because these buttons are on
>a control block and not a base block. How do I get these buttons to
>work for the base block in the MDI sheet that I have open?
>
>By navigating to the next block in the code for each of the buttons on
>the toolbar, I am able to get the query buttons to work, but if the
>enter query button is pressed, my execute and cancel query buttons do
>not work unless I use key strokes to either execute a query (F8), or
>cancel the query (Ctrl-q). How do I get all of the query buttons on the
>toolbar to work properly?
>
>Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks!

Put the buttons on the same block that you are querying (They can still be on  different canvases). They should be mouse-navigable (otherwise you can't  click), but make them nonnavigable so the user can't tab over to them (unless  that is the desired behavior).

Dan Received on Tue Oct 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message