Re: Conversion tool for Access 97 -> Oracle 7 database

From: (wrong string) üngling <Juengling_at_gus.de>
Date: 1997/10/06

[Quoted] On 4 Oct 1997 21:09:24 -0700, armaghan_at_usa.net wrote:

>Does any one know about some tool/product which exports entire mdb of =
 Access 97
>to oracle database and possibly can convert field names in lowercase to =
 upper
>case.

You may use Access' DAOs (Data Access Objects) to run through all database objects (tables, queries, relationships) to create a set of DDL SQL statements (DDL =3D Data Definition Language) like CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX, CREATE USER, CREATE ROLE (equivalent to the Access' groups). If approved, this could be run with SQL+ to create Oracle's objects.

>Another problem I am facing is how to convert table/field names from =
 lower case
>to upper case when exporting a table using ODBC.

The Access function "UCase$(item)" retrieves "item" in uppercase letters.

I can help you with some questions on DAOs, if necessary. (Please give me some time to answer, as I cannot read this group every day.)

HTH
        Chris

--=20
Situs vilate, in ises abernet. Received on Mon Oct 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message