Re: Problem with dev2000 for web

From: Michael Friedman <mfriedma_at_asiansources.com>
Date: 1997/10/06

--------------EC5688F6C3920F1DF151EC10

Unfortunately, Netscape and IE (and, for that matter, Hot Java) do not yet support Developer/2000 for web except in very limited demo situations.

Use the applet viewer and grit your teeth. That is what we are doing.

Mike

erik_at_linux.softman.com.pl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get Developer/2000 for the web to work.
> I installed Dev2000 on a Windows NT 4.0 Workstation, I use Oracle
> webserver 2.1 for NT which is installed on the same machine. I followed
> all the configuration steps, described in the dev2000 documentation
> Chapter 2 (Setting up developer/2000 for the web), so I created the
> cartridge, the baseHTML file, the static html file, etc.
> I started the Forms listener on port 9000 by running:
> c:\orant\bin\f45srv32 port=9000.
> As .FMX file I choose the 4ohtello.fmx file and copied that file into my
> own forms directory. In the cartridge html file and the static html file I
> refer to the copied FMX file.
>
> To start everything I open Netscape and type the URL to the cartridge
> (http://<webserver>/dev_cart (where dev_cart is the name of the cartridge
> I created)). When everything is loaded I see the following message in the
> status bar of Netscape :
> Applet oracle.forms.uiClient.v1_4.engine.Main
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> Can somebody help me with this error?
>
> PS. I got 4othello to work using the appletviewer, after copying the
> registry.dat file to the following directory:
> d:\dev2000\html\oracle\forms\uiClient\v1_4\util where d:\dev2000\html is
> the directory containing the html file which contains the applet.
>
> E.R. Toonen
> Softman S.A. Piaseczno Poland.

Building the future of business to business electronic commerce...

ASM eTrade - Software from the Asian Sources Media Group

24/F Vita Tower, Block B                  Tel: +852 2814 5678
29 Wong Chuk Hang Road                 Direct: +852 2814 5671
Aberdeen, Hong Kong                       Fax: +852 2311 3893

--------------EC5688F6C3920F1DF151EC10

begin:          vcard
fn:             Michael Friedman
n:              Friedman;Michael
org:            Asian Sources Media Group (eTrade)
email;internet: mfriedma_at_asiansources.com
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard