Re: Calling a CANVAS

From: Joe Strano <jstrano_at_dulcian.com>
Date: 1997/09/28

This is not really true. You do not need to set the focus to an item on the stacked canvas.

Show_view will work just fine without the focus being set to an item on the canvas.

The problem is that if the focus is on an item that is under the canvas (even
one pixel) then the canvas will pop back off, hence the flicker complaint that
the origional poster mentioned.

My normal solution to stacked canvas management is to use a null_item (i.e. a 0 height 0 wighth text item placed at 0,0 on the main content canvas).
All my stacked canvas procedures do a go_item('null_item') prior to doing the show_view.

If you are not writing generic code, then I agree that a simple go_item to an item on the
stacked canvas is a simple way to both show the canvas and not have to worry
about the "popping off" problem.

Paul Dorsey
Dulcian, Inc.

Ajay Agrawal <aka8369_at_tntech.edu> wrote in article <34244D25.7FCF90F2_at_tntech.edu>...