Re: Performance Prob: Very large amount of I/O on $ORACLE_HOME

From: Michael Lacy <mlacy_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/09/26

Steve,

Two things check the size of your redo logs. I know you don't have them going to the $ORACLE_HOME file system, but every time there is a switch you get messages in the alert_<oracle_sid>.log which is located at $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log. Trace files also go to this directory make sure that you don't have an application with trace turned on running.

Thanks
Mike Lacy