Performance Prob: Very large amount of I/O on $ORACLE_HOME

From: Steve Walterhouse <microcon_at_magicnet.net>
Date: 1997/09/22

Performance Problem:

I have configured moderate database instance (15GB total) to distribute I/O across file systems & RAID array controllers. There are no datafiles, log files, or
ctl files on the $ORACLE_HOME file system. Yet this file system is experiencing I/O of up to 50 times the I/O of all other file systems. The only thing on this file system is $ORACLE_HOME. I appreciate any comments sent to microcon_at_magicnet.net

Steve Walterhouse
President
Microcon Corporation
1630 Myrtle Lake Hills
Longwood, FL 32750
(407) 331-3211

Thank you. Received on Mon Sep 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message