Re: get Unix logon to Forms

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1997/09/15

Candy Robinson (candy_at_bcstec.ca.boeing.com) wrote:
: Is there a way to do something in PL/SQL similar to:
: :myvar := host('whoami');

v$session has a column called 'osuser'.

Use the userenv function to get the session id (or other info) to home in on the correct row in v$session.

: Oracle logon, users can get access to write to places they shouldn't
: by going outside of my application via sqlplus or Microsoft Access or
: whatever, because I am granting them write access to tables through
: Oracle, and then restricting which row they can write to through my
: application.

Hmm ....

IAP

--
In an attempt to reduce junk email I use an invalid 'From' address.
My correct email address can be determined by replacing 'not.valid' with with