Web forms and Netscape 4.03 (patched)

From: Chris Yearsley <chris.yearsley_at_gecm.com>
Date: 1997/09/12

I'm starting to look at Web forms by a customers request. I can run things in the appletviewer very well, but even Netscape 4.03 with the AWT patch does not work.

Has anyone else had success here?

Symptoms: Netscape starts the applet and begins to load classes - then just hangs. Java console shows no errors, just saying the applet is 'version 2'.

Is Netscape fussy about CLASSPATH? (I'm running under NT4.0, incidentally). I set it by hand to suit the appletviewer and just thought the Netscape installer could take care of whatever Netscape needed.

[Quoted] Also I'm using the D2k 1.4w demo I downloaded, as our production copy of Web Developers Suite has not yet been delivered. Would the production code help?

It would be very nice if I could show the customers something running in Netscape! Any comments from anyone else travelling the same road would be appreciated.

--
Chris Yearsley
chris.yearsley_at_gecm.com