Re: SQL Loader with long varchar2 fields

From: Jurij Modic <jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si>
Date: 1997/09/12

On Fri, 12 Sep 1997 10:19:18 +0200, Markus Meier <Markus.Meier_at_for-sale.de> wrote:

>Hallo to everybody
>
>I trying to load some ASCII-Data via SQL-Loader.
>I´m using ORACLE Server 7.3.3 on a NT 4.0.
>
>One coloum of the table is defined as >desc varchar2(1024)<
>Each row of the datafile which includes character fields
>longer than 256 characters for the coloum desc is not loaded.

The default maximum length of delimited fields is 256 bytes. If you have longer field in your infile you must specify its maximum length explicitely as CHAR(max_length). In your case:

FIELDS TERMINATED BY "_at_"
TRAILING NULLCOLS

( 	id sequence(max,1),
	desc CHAR(780) nullif desc=BLANKS,  -- MAX LENGTH SET TO 780
	moddat date(10) "DD.MM.YYYY",
	useddat date(10) "DD.MM.YYYY"

)

Regards,

Jurij Modic                             Republic of Slovenia
jurij.modic_at_mf.sigov.mail.si		Ministry of Finance
The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Sep 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message