Re: Oracle Webserver V2.0.1 - Help requested

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/09/10

You must mean version 2.1

In version 2.1 they added a configuration variable in the svXXXX.app file:

[OWA]
Protect_OWA_Pkg = TRUE

It defaults to true, this makes it so that OWA, HTP, OWA_UTIL, etc, etc cannot be called from the URL. This is for security (people can't steal your code, can't run owa_util.tableprint, and so on without your permission).....

Set it to false, restart the listener and you'll be able to do it.

On 10 Sep 1997 17:33:51 GMT, "Dan Nichols" <hawkeye_at_sd.znet.com> wrote:

>Hi Everyone:
>
>I am trying to use some of the builtin OWA_UTIL packages, and am having
>problems.
>
>I want a link at the bottom of my page that will bring up the source code
>(PL/SQL).
>
>I'm trying to use: owa_util.signature(cname).
>
>My procedure name is "edb_class", so I code:
>owa_util.signature('edb_class');
>
>The result is a Link at the botton of the page that says: View PL/SQL
>source code.
>
>When I try to take the link, I get the generic error page.
>Viewing the error logfile shows the following:
>
>Wed Sep 10 10:04:46 1997
>OWS-05101: Agent : execution failed due to Oracle error 20004
>ORA-20004: syntax error attempting to parse "*****owa_util.*****"
>ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DESCRIBE", line 57
>ORA-06512: at line 1
>ORA-00931: missing identifier
>
> OWA SERVICE: EDBTEMP
> PROCEDURE: *****owa_util.*****
> PARAMETERS:
> ===========
> CNAME:
> edb_class
>

>Does anyone have any ideas? I don't undewrstand how this can be a syntax
>error. Oracle generated the code!
>
>I have a cludge work around that involves writing another procedure called:
>edb_class2. ALl it consists of is:
>
>BEGIN
> owa_util.showsource('edb_class');
>END;
>
>This works, but I don't having another procedure whose only purpose is to
>display the contents of the other.
>Especially since Oracle already created one for this purpose.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>-Dan Nichols

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Sep 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message