Oracle Webserver V2.0.1 - Help requested

From: Dan Nichols <hawkeye_at_sd.znet.com>
Date: 1997/09/10

[Quoted] Hi Everyone:

I am trying to use some of the builtin OWA_UTIL packages, and am having problems.

I want a link at the bottom of my page that will bring up the source code (PL/SQL). I'm trying to use: owa_util.signature(cname).

My procedure name is "edb_class", so I code: owa_util.signature('edb_class');

The result is a Link at the botton of the page that says: View PL/SQL source code.

When I try to take the link, I get the generic error page. Viewing the error logfile shows the following:

Wed Sep 10 10:04:46 1997

OWS-05101: Agent : execution failed due to Oracle error 20004
ORA-20004: syntax error attempting to parse "*****owa_util.*****"
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_DESCRIBE", line 57
ORA-06512: at line 1
ORA-00931: missing identifier

  OWA SERVICE: EDBTEMP
  PROCEDURE: *****owa_util.*****
  PARAMETERS:

  CNAME:
   edb_class

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't undewrstand how this can be a syntax error. Oracle generated the code!

I have a cludge work around that involves writing another procedure called: edb_class2. ALl it consists of is:

BEGIN
  owa_util.showsource('edb_class');
END; This works, but I don't having another procedure whose only purpose is to display the contents of the other.
Especially since Oracle already created one for this purpose.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

-Dan Nichols Received on Wed Sep 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message