Re: 256 color palette/mouse cursor (Forms)

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/09/10

Regarding using more than the 16 base colors: About the only solution is to make sure each monitor running the forms is set to 64K colors (is that what "High Color" means?) I posted something about this months ago, but nobody else seems to know anything about a fix.

Maybe you could set your display-only items to a different foreground color, like dark blue or white.

HTH
Steve Cosner

http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Download QA, a dynamic data utility form-- Quick display and update access to any table

In article <873828170.28075_at_dejanews.com>, <James_Robinson_at_nciutah.com> wrote:
>My client wants to use a light grey for display only items (that
>otherwise would look exactly like text items). However, when in 256
>color mode in Forms 4.5 only the base 16 colors can be used even though
>all 256 colors are displayed. You have to use more than 256 colors (such
>as High Color) to use the entire color palette that Forms 4.5 displays.
>Has this problem been fixed? Is there a work-around other than using
>more color resolution (not acceptable).
>
>Having not been able to use the color we wanted, we set out to change the
>mouse cursor when the mouse is over a display only item. This works
<snip> Received on Wed Sep 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message