Re: CG_FORM_HELP question

From: Tim Hall <tim.hall_at_tswi.spambuster.com>
Date: 1997/09/09

On 9 Sep 1997 11:58:36 GMT, jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com (John Strange) wrote:

>desc CG_FORM_HELP
>
> HLP_APPLN N VARCHAR2(30) application name
> HLP_INDEX N VARCHAR2(100) help index
> HLP_MODTAB_NAME Y VARCHAR2(30) module/table name
> HLP_GENERATED Y VARCHAR2(1) help generated
> HLP_SEQ N NUMBER(5.0) Sequence number
> HLP_TEXT Y VARCHAR2(70) help text string
> HLP_TYPE N VARCHAR2(1) help type
>
> HLP_TYPES are
> B BLOCK
> C COLUMN
> F FORM
> M MODULE
> T TABLE
>
>Alistair M Fraser (afraser_at_wei.org) wrote:
>: Oracle Designer 2000 creates a table called CG_FORM_HELP that is used by
>: the MS
>: Help generator. I would like to access the information contained in this
>: table by a java
>: application, however the meaning of the columns seems to be
>: under-documented for
>: this purpose.

>: Specifically, how does the information contained in the column HLP_SEQ
>: relate to the
>: table I generated help on.

I assume, since HLP_TEXT is only 70 characters, that it's the column the text should be sorted on when there is more than one line of text for a particular object. You will want it in your ORDER BY clause, otherwise the help text might come in a random sequence and not make a great deal of sense....

Tim Hall, TSW International, Now Indus International

http://www.tswi.com
http://www.indusgroup.com

Remove "spambuster" from email address before replying Received on Tue Sep 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message