ODBC connection to Oracle DB problem...

From: L. Tseng <lesliet_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 1997/08/21

Hi,

We are using MS VC++ and Oracle's ODBC 2.0.3.1.1 driver for our development. The problem we have been experiencing is that after the SQLAllocEnv and SQLAllocConecti, the SQLConnect keeps getting "unhandled exception error" but the database connection seems to establish fine. But, after some select, delete, call stored procedure operation, a very simple direct select statement would just hang.

Does any one have the same experience or know if this has to do with multithread issue? The information I got from Oracle's ODBC 2.0.3.1.1 doc says it is multithread safe. I don't know if there is any exception in implementing this?!

Thanks,

Leslie Received on Thu Aug 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message