Re: Lock Users Out

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/08/21

You could create a procedure and place it in a common library.pll which would select from batch where app_name = 'APPLICATION_NAME'.  If found print an alert and exit.

To fix users that are logged in, you would have to modified the next_item/bock/mouse triggers to call same routine in every form. Not much fun there.

The batch could lock all tables, preventing any further updates. Do not know if someone has a pending update if the batch job would be able to lock the table. I think the pending update will prevent the table lock.

Ken Whitaker (kwhitake_at_moon.jic.com) wrote:

: We need to lock users out of one particular Oracle Forms 4.5 Application
: while batch processing is going on ( aprox 5 minutes to 1 hours).

: We need to prevent the users from logging in to the Forms and the
: capability of giving the users a five minute warning or logging the
: users out before the batch process starts any ideas.

: Remove the "NOSPAM" to reply; thanks,

: kwhitake_at_NOSPAMmoon.jic.com
: --
: X-no-archive:yes

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you