Re: Developer for Windows95

From: Robin Zimmermann <rzimmerm_at_au.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/08/19

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997 17:07:06 -0500, "Bruno Kamiche" <bkamiche_at_sanmiguelind.com.pe> wrote:

> I've been using Oracle Developer 16 bits for a while and It works fine, all
>the configuration of the product is done by chaging the oracle.ini settings
>file (like the forms path "FORMS45_PATH" and icons "TK21_ICON").
>
>Now I am using Developer 2000 for Windows 95, although I have changed the
>registry values (it is supposed that it does not use the Oracle.ini files
>anymore) Forms can not find my runtime modules from the menu... In my
>despair I created a new ORACLE.ini file with the new settings but it doesn't
>work.

In your registry setting for FORMS45_PATH, you need to:

  1. Use short pathnames, not the long version. For example, don't use

    C:\My Documents\Lotsa Forms

but use

    C:\mydocu~1\lotsaf~1

2. Make sure the full path is less than 255 characters. If it's more than 255 characters then Forms thinks the path is null. So if you have a longish path, and you appended to the default FORMS45_PATH in the registry, you may have pushed the length of 255 characters.

Good Luck!

Robin. Received on Tue Aug 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message