Re: Coverting forms3.0 w/referenced triggers to 4.5

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/08/16

rgale_at_synergyinc.com wrote:

> We are looking to upgrade our forms (87 in all) from forms 3.0 to 4.5
> (The port is being done on under Windows NT. The forms were developed
> under HP-UX). In developing the forms in 3.0 we created a 'global
> form' that would contain all the common routines (triggers and
> procedures). The 'global form' will convert and compile without a
> problem to forms 4.5, and we were able to insert it into the
> database. However, when ever we try to compile a form that references
> a trigger or procedure from the global form, the f45gen32 comes back
> and says 'ORA-00942: Table or View does not exist', then 'Form not
> created'.
>
> I think I've created all the tables and grants that f45 requires, but
> appearntly, there is atleast one table or view that is missing.
>
> If I take the 'reference' triggers and procedures out and 'copy' them
> from the global form, the new form will compile.
>
> Any suggestions?

I went through this migration too some time ago. My experience may be too old.
What I recall is that your global Form has to be stored in both the FORMS 3 schema
and the FORMS 4.5 schema to make the Oracle conversion work. You may also want to
check if all the scripts have been run to create grants and synonyms on both schemas.

More recently we first delete all the references from the FORMS 3 version.  We created a FORMS 4.5 PLL for all the global procedures and created an object group for all the global, form-level triggers. The triggers are defined in a property class which is assigned at the form level. By getting rid of all the references (and the necessity of having all the templates in the database) we greatly simplified the process.

Al
Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Sat Aug 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message