Re: Coverting forms3.0 w/referenced triggers to 4.5

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 1997/08/16

We put all the common code into a library (conmmon.pll). You can then create a Boiler Plate form with the standard triggers and with the attached library containing all the common stuff.

rgale_at_synergyinc.com wrote:
: We are looking to upgrade our forms (87 in all) from forms 3.0 to 4.5
: (The port is being done on under Windows NT. The forms were developed
: under HP-UX). In developing the forms in 3.0 we created a 'global form'
: that would contain all the common routines (triggers and procedures). The
: 'global form' will convert and compile without a problem to forms 4.5, and
: we were able to insert it into the database. However, when ever we try to
: compile a form that references a trigger or procedure from the global
: form, the f45gen32 comes back and says 'ORA-00942: Table or View does not
: exist', then 'Form not created'.

: I think I've created all the tables and grants that f45 requires, but
: appearntly, there is atleast one table or view that is missing.

: If I take the 'reference' triggers and procedures out and 'copy' them from
: the global form, the new form will compile.

: Any suggestions?

: Thanks for listening
: rgale_at_synergyinc.com

: http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet

--
This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you