Re: Reports 2.5 (Dev2K) and speed (is there any?)

From: Patrick Ryan <pat_at_halcyon.com>
Date: 1997/08/15

In my experience, reports run slow for the same reason forms run slow - the queries aren't tuned. Use TKPROF and sql trace to look for unindexed searches and make sure you are making use of unique indexes whenever possible. We've had reports that took over 12 hours to run finish in 4 minutes after they were tuned. It's that different.

-Pat Ryan
 LIAS Senior Programmer/Analyst
 My views do not necessarily represent those of my company; nor indeed of  any other sentient being.

Koen Van Loo (kvanloo_at_mailhost.acc.be) wrote:

: Hello,
:
: We've got lots of reports running reports 2.5. But Reports is extremely
: slow at our sites... We wonder if that's normal, our Oracle consultants say
: so... But we hope there are some of you who know some tips to speed it
: up...
:
: We'd be pleased to receive your mail...
:
: Koen Van Loo
: Project Leader AZIS2000
: ACC