Re: Connecting MS Excel to Oracle Database

From: Col Archibald <cad_at_qld.mim.com.au>
Date: 1997/08/15

Nemani wrote:

> Is there any way we can connect MS Excel to Oracle Database for Query
> Purposes? As of today we are bringing data into Excel from Data Browser.
> This is two step process. I am just wondering if we can connect directly
> to DB using ODBC?
>
> Appreciate anybody's help.
>
> Thanks
> Rani
M/S Query comes bundled with M/S Office Pro. It is generally seen as a ACCESS interface tool but can be installed with Excel to connect to ODBC to connect to Oracle. Look under 'data' menu item for 'get external data' or 'pivot table' to see if it's available. (Tip - make sure all products are either 16 bit or 32 bit - not both) Received on Fri Aug 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message