Re: Methods for serving Oracle client files?

From: Bo Forsberg <bofo_at_seisy.abb.se>
Date: 1997/08/14

In article <33eb20ce.2349380_at_news.hacom.nl>, Mario van Essen <marvaes_at_hacom.nl> wrote:
>Koen,
>
>Good suggestion... I tried it out and it worked fine the first time. I
>only needed SQLNet for this application, so I installed Oracle SQLNet
>on a Oracle clean client, tested it and theN:
>- exported the registry settings at Software-Oracle;
>- copied the whole Orawin95 directory;
>- imported the registry settings;
>- rebooted the whole thing...
>and everything worked fine. It seems that Oracle puts no .dll anywhere
>than in its own Orawin95 directory.
>
>Behalve of the fact that it works it is not the way to do software
>distribution through the network as I would like it to see (we have
>1.200 network clients, mostly Windows NT 4.0). So I am still open for
>a better solution...
>
>Mario

Sounds like you need some kind of enterprise-level software distribution system like CA-Unicenter Software Delivery from Computer Asocciates.

--
+- Bo Forsberg -- Systems Engineer, ------------------- bofo_at_seisy.abb.se -+
!                 Information Technology, Computer and Network Services    !