Re: Can you access an ODBC datasource from Pro*C program?

From: Art Clarke <fool_at_ofb.net>
Date: 1997/08/11

[Quoted] [Quoted] On Windows Platforms it is possible to use Pro*C to manipulate ODBC data sources. You need to first install the Oracle Open Client Adapter (shipped with Developer/2000). Once installed, you can connect to any ODBC data source by using 'odbc:data_source_name' as your SQL*Net connect string. You do not need to do anything special with Pro*C to get this to work.

For example, if your ODBC datasource is named MSSQLServer65, you can connect (assuming the username is 'scott' and the password is 'passwd') using: scott/passwd_at_odbc:MSSQLServer65
as your connect string.

  • Art Clarke