Re: Can reportwriter 2.5 reports be run in a unix batch environment?

From: Jacob F. Westerhof <jacobw_at_esfox.com>
Date: 1997/08/11

Yes, license required, you need one developer license on the server.

We use a unique method of storing required paramenters (selected by the user on forms) into a database table and then only passing one parameter (the unique identifier of these parameters) to the report. This way the same report can be run by the user directly calling reports or deferred until the server (in our case VAX) can be told the correct one parameter and run the report.

Reports do not need to be changed (not one line of code) and optionally can be generated on the server for faster processing. (report generated version rep not transferable but the .rdf can be run on any system)

Manu Kodiyan <mkod_at_best.com> wrote in article <33EE4988.8F8_at_best.com>...