Re: SQL Plus error: "command buffer space exhausted"

From: Robert Christenson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/08/08

Benjamin Wai wrote:

> I am running a PL/SQL program in SQL*Plus on Win3.1x platforms,
> and am encountering the error messages "command buffer space exhausted".
> I can find no documentation on this error message. The same program runs
> fine in the 32-bit version of SQL*Plus on Win95.
>
> What exactly is this error referring to? And how can it be solved on
> the Win3.1 machines (is it some memory parameters I have to set locally)?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Please reply to: wai_at_OpendataSystems.com
>
> Thank you.
>
> Benjamin Wai
> ---
> wai_at_OpendataSystems.com

This is a Windows compatibility issue. We found the same thing. I cant remember the limit but I think it is was 2000 characters. If on UNIX, you can telnet to your server and use the _at_ to create or replace it. I haven't tried NT. Otherwise, you have to break it up.

HTH

--
"Came for the party, left on the run"

Robert Christenson
Gazette Technologies
robertoc#spam~be~gone#_at_fyiowa.infi.net