Discoverer conflicts with other Oracle products

From: Dr. Blue <ou79138_at_deere.com>
Date: 1997/08/04

Help!!! I am installing Discoverer/2000 (actually only the Browser User Edition) and after installation some other products don't work. When I reinstall those products, the Browser doesn't work anymore. I have tried lots of things, including copying everything from other computers.

The browser simply hangs up when the other products work. The problem happens both on Windows 95 and on Windows 3.1 (the server is AIX but Browser doesn't seem to make it that far, the connection is fine in any case).

Any ideas? All I can think of is that the Browser installs a Windows DLL that somehow is not supported by earlier versions of Forms.

Richard Received on Mon Aug 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message