Re: Need some Pro*C advice (want to ditch SQL Loader)

From: Bill Manry <B.Manry_at_upsizeme.us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/08/04

Phillip Oles (pol768_at_airmail.net) wrote:
> Here's my advice, stay away form Pro C and use Oracle's OCI. As of
>Oracle8, Oracle no longer supports Pro C. Besides the OCI is better.

While Oracle8 does have a new, more powerful OCI implementation, it is not necessarily aimed at the general population of 3GL applications. For most, the Pro* precompilers are and will continue  to be the best choice.

I suspect there is a misunderstanding here about the support status of Pro*C.

/b

--
Bill Manry  -  IBM Products Division  -  Oracle Corporation
These are my opinions, not necessarily Oracle's.