Developer/2000 question

From: Vijaya L. Natarajan <vijayaln_at_pollux.cs.uga.edu>
Date: 1997/08/01

Hi,

   I am the database administrator for my local database. In my    workplace they have setup a database locally in my machine and    asked me to learn to create forms using Developer/2000.    I logged in as a database administrator called system and manager and    I created a user called preceptortables and granted permissions    to him, and created a schema called preceptortables    and added about 3 tables under the schema preceptortables.

   I am using Developer/2000 to create forms and I am using    several triggers in my forms. Inside my triggers whenever I refer    a table under the schema preceptortables,    I refer it like preceptortables.table1,    preceptortables.table2, preceptortables.table3 etc.    When I run the forms using the name preceptortables and with the    appropriate password it inserts and updates the table.

   When I login as a system with the password manager that    is the system administrator password for my local database in    to the database, I could insert or update the tables under the    schema preceptortables in to the database directly from the prompt.    But I cannot insert or update the tables under the schema    preceptortables through Forms.
   So I logged in as preceptortables and granted    priviledges to the system like grant select,insert,update,delete    on table1 to system etc.
   Still it did not work.

   Is it possible in Developer 2000 to access other users tables    by refering otheruser/table.
   I read it some where that system is allowed to use everybody's    table but why I should have problem when I access through    Forms.

   There might be some way to do this. I think I am not doing    it correctly. Please help me to do this.

   My system administrator is suggesting me to not use roles    for some reason. So please don't suggest me to use roles.    Any other suggestion is welcome.

[Quoted]    My email address is vijayaln_at_cs.uga.edu

   Thanks in advance.

   Sincerely,
   Viji Received on Fri Aug 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message