Re: Forms 4.5 'Delete' triggers

From: Lucy Cornelese <lcornele_at_caiw.nl>
Date: 1997/07/31

>Can someone explain the difference between the pre-delete/on-delete
>transactional triggers and the when-remove-record block trigger? Where would
>it be appropriate to use each? I guess I am not clear on the difference between
>block and transactional triggers. Any help would be appreciated.

  • pre-delete fires just before the actual delete-statement
  • on-delete fires instead of the default (by forms generated) delete-statement; suppose you want to do someting else instead of deleting your record, say update a flag in the record to do a logical delete; write an on-delete trigger with an updatestatement
  • when-remove-record trigger fires whenever a record is removed from your screen; if you clear the record or if you pressed the key-delrec (record is still in Forms-workingspace marked as delete, but not deleted in the database yet)

Lucy Received on Thu Jul 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message