Re: dropping a column

From: william <willgo_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/07/31

You cannot drop a column from a table directly in Oracle. You can add a column
and change its datatype and field size as long as its larger but you cannot decrease
the size of a field or the table itself. You will have to create a separate table with
the fields and sizes you do want and then load your data into this table. This
will allow you to reposition the columns and drop the column.

Kathie

Ceri Moran <ceri_at_n-ary.com> wrote in article <33c25611.15618838_at_clientnews.wisper.net>...