Re: My woes continue

From: R. Fingerson <rfinger_at_netmail.mnet.uswest.com>
Date: 1997/07/10

Joost Ouwerkerk wrote:
> 1) A complex query can 'crash' the database and cause corruption of
> data.
>
> 2) Running Personal Oracle on a client (user) machine can 'crash' the
> database and cause corruption of data
>
> 3) Running Developer/2000 on a client machine can 'crash' the database
> and cause corruption of data.

On a well tuned and designed instance, none of these things are true.

Your DBA is loony, or trying to either make his/her job easier or cover up some large gaps in his/her skillset.

Now, we all here could probably tell you some ways that you _could_ crash the database, just to see what they'll do... nah, we're not that evil... ::grin::

Robin

--
phouka_at_frii.com
http://www.frii.com/~phouka/