My woes continue

From: Joost Ouwerkerk <owrkrj_at_mailhub.sickkids.on.ca>
Date: 1997/07/09

To all DBA's:
[Quoted] [Quoted] My DBA is making my job rather difficult, but I'm having trouble [Quoted] exposing some of his incompetencies to my superiors... Should any of the following statements be true for a well-tuned Oracle 7.3.2 [Quoted] database server running on an IBM AIX and serving an organization of 50 users, about 15 of whom are data entry staff, and about 10 of whom run regular queries and reports:

  1. A complex query can 'crash' the database and cause corruption of data. [Quoted]
  2. Running Personal Oracle on a client (user) machine can 'crash' the database and cause corruption of data
  3. Running Developer/2000 on a client machine can 'crash' the database and cause corruption of data.

[Quoted] [Quoted] My suspicion is that if any of these are true, there is a server [Quoted] tuning problem. My DBA is suggesting no queries be run while data entry is occuring (during business hours) and is threatening to remove [Quoted] Personal Oracle and Dev/2000 from my computer because of the damage I'm supposedly causing. Am I going crazy?

Joost Ouwerkerk
Toronto, Canada
(PS Thanks to all who responded to my previous appeal; I'm in the middle of a bloody battle and need all the amunition I can get) Received on Wed Jul 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message