Re: A Book for A Novice

From: John Caputo <caputo1_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1997/07/09

Virginia K. Leung wrote:

> Hi,
> I am a novice who would like to explore more features about Oracle.
> Does anybody have any books which can be refered and useful to me as
> a novice. Please indicate the author and publisher.
>
> Thank you very much!!!!!:-)
>
> Virginia
> Los Angeles, CA

There is a great book once you get just a little familiar with the Oracle SQL command set. It's called:

Oracle How-To
by Edward Honour, Waite Group Press, December

1996                                      $43.00 USD at the Primary Key
web site mentioned in the prior reply.

It contains examples of just about every kind of typical things you do as developer or DBA with Oracle. Most are not in depth, but you run into the situations presented in the book quite often. A companion CD includes all the code. Additionally, the format of the book is interesting. Each example is presented as a solution to a typical problem or answer to typical questions.

Check it out.

John Caputo                              Lawrence Livermore
Email: caputo1_at_llnl.gov                    National Laboratory
Phone: (510) 422-5262                    P.O.Box 808, L-650
Mon-Thu  7:30 AM-5:30 PM - Off Fri       Livermore, CA   94551