SQL 3.2

From: Mesbah U. Ahmed <MAhmed_at_uoft02.utoledo.edu>
Date: 1997/06/23

Hi, I am new in Oracle. I am using Personal Oracle 7 in WINDOWS 95. I am finding the SQL 3.2 START, OPEN, and the _at_ command somewhat confusing. What kind of files can be "START"ed, what kind of files can be 'OPEN'ed or when can I use "_at_' ?

What are the major differences among them? Can I enter a series of COLUMNS FORMAT commands in a *.SQL file (created in NotePad) and OPEN it in SQL 3.2? I am getting an eror_message. When I START the *.SQL file, it runs and sets the Column Formats, but automatically executes the Edit Buffer.

Thanks in advance. Any kind of comments will be highly appreciated. Received on Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message