Re: calendar-tool in forms 4.5

From: Robert Christenson <robertoc_at_fyiowa.infi.net>
Date: 1997/06/23

SOPTIM Essen GmbH wrote:

> we would like to integrate an small tool (vbx perhaps), which is
> able to show a small calendar, for selecting a date, and prompting the
> date into a textitem (date-field).
>
> has anybody an idea which (vbx-) element is available and how to
> integrate it into forms 4.5.
>
> thanks for each advice !
>
> mfg
> Harald Boysen
> SOPTIM GmbH

We implemented a vbx calendar from Microhelp about a year ago. It worked great, but now Microhelp is out of business, and VBXs are going out too. We just updated to an OCX calendar from Crescent software (crescent.progress.com) last Jan. Forms doesn't do a very good job with OCXs right now, but along with global warming and world peace, this should be fixed and fully compatible in the next version. With the calender, you'll get about 18 other controls and some VB routines.

We also took a look at a couple calendar objects written in Forms, but they worked too hard to accomplish this simple task.

Hope this helps... Received on Mon Jun 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message