Re: Transparent text items in 4.5

From: Ian C. Sellers <ian_at_mystical.net>
Date: 1997/06/19

--------------128A866DF420448F2D43EF73

So if this is not possible, perhaps you could draw the boilerplate text on the logo (with a paint program) before you import it to the canvass -then it becomes part of the image. As long as the text constant thoughout the form, and you can get it all to line up, this should work. If the boilerplate text must change you could probably dynamically call a new image with different boilerplate text, but that sounds ugly.

Rajendra Jamadagni wrote:

> > Does anybody know a way of setting the background colour, not the
 fill,
> > of text items to transparent. The reason I ask is that we're
 developing
> > a form with the Company logo imported onto the canvas, and we wanted
> > place text items over the logo without the backgound colour of the
 text
> > items blatting out parts of the logo.
> >

> Hi Adrian,
>
> This may not be possible. partly because how MS windows works. if i
> remember correctly an entry field background changes to the nearest
> 'pure' color when it takes the focus. this is the default behaviour.
>
> hth
> Raj
> --
> Rajendra Jamadagni
> Work: raj_at_bloodcare.org Home: valay_at_swbell.net
> Ring: 214 - 640 9013 Ring: 214 - 265 7361

--------------128A866DF420448F2D43EF73

begin:          vcard
fn:             Ian Sellers
n:              Sellers;Ian
org:            Boulder County GIS
adr:            PO Box 1683;;1336 Mountain Pines Rd;Nederland;CO;80466-1683;USA
email;internet: ian_at_mystical.net
title:          GIS Technician
tel;work:       303-441-3930
tel;fax:        303-441-4856
note:           alt. e-mail: icslu_at_boco.co.gov
x-mozilla-cpt: ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
end: vcard

--------------128A866DF420448F2D43EF73-- Received on Thu Jun 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST