Re: Reports 2.5 Question

From: Michael A. Rife <MRife_at_admin.usf.edu>
Date: 1997/06/19

Try:

Select number, word, fubar
from mytable

where (choiceparam = 'Greater' and number > :numberparam) or

(choiceparam = 'Equal' and number = :numberparam) or
(choiceparam = 'Greater' and number < :numberparam)

In article <5o9lia$ng1_at_news1.infinet.com>, cedwards_at_infinet.com says...

I am trying to set up a user parameter which works in the following manner:

Provided with a list (Greater, Less, Between)

Then, I want to do this:

Select number, word, fubar
From mytable
where (number > :someotheruserparameter1

       number < :someotheruserparameter1
       number between :someotheruserparameter1 and
someotheruserparameter2)

I've got the parameters set up correctly, but am having troubles setting up the select statement correctly. I tried

Select number, word, fubar
From mytable
where decode(:choice, 'Greater', number > :someotheruserparameter....

etc, but it isn't working.

Any ideas? Received on Thu Jun 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message