Re: Designer/2000 Books

From: Buff Emslie <be_at_primarykey.com>
Date: 1997/06/18

gjacobs_at_aiming.net wrote:

> Well, i've just started working with Oracle
> Server 7, and now the Web Developer Kit,
> which includes the full designer/2000
> developer/2000 packages, minus full
> documentation.
>
> I'm new to all this, and wondered if there
> was any good books or "walk through" guides
> out there for working with this stuff...
>
> ...Anyone with suggestions or recommendations?
>
> -Greg
>
> Please respond via email, Thank you in advance.
>
> gjacobs_at_aiming.net

Hi Greg!

There are presently three good books on Designer 2K. Billing, et al. "Rapid Application Development with Oracle Designer/2000" is a step by step method. Good for getting up & running quickly. Dorsey & Koletzke "Oracle Designer/2000 Handbook is published by Oracle Press and is a good overview of Des 2K and is highly recommended for managers. The third book, by Anderson and Wendelken "Oracle Designer/2000 Handbook" (note the same titles) had more indepth coverage of many of the advanced topics. If possible, buying all three books is your best bet.

You can check out more information on all these books at www.This.Is/keybooks, The Primary Key's virtual database bookstore.

Buffie Received on Wed Jun 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message