Using OO4O with personal oracle 7

From: HealthCheck <tserio_at_calweb.com>
Date: 1997/06/18

Hi,

Is anyone using OO4O v2 or 2.1 to connect to a personal oracle 7 database? The apps I plan to write will be used to connect to our live database, which will be over SQL*net, but to develop I wanted to use a database local to my development machine. I'm using Borland C++ v5, and everything compiles ( except for OWL bound objects, I'm not sure why), but when I run the program just trying ODatabase.Open() causes it to return error number 15 (an internal error, according to the docs). Do I need to do something special for it to see the database? Also, does anyone know if there's a compatibilty issue between OO4O (which was built for BC 4.5) and BC 5?

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide,

Thomas Serio

--

Thomas Serio - tserio_at_calweb.com Database Programmer/Systems Engineer Healthcheck, Inc. (916) 556-1880