Re: DES/2000: Module Data Diagrammer

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1997/06/17

slc_at_stevensons.co.nz (Steve Chell) wrote:

>Hi all. I have a question about designing form modules in the
>Module Data Diagrammer in Designer/2000.
>
>How do you handle the case where you have a table with a large
>number of columns, such that they cannot all reasonably fit on
>one screen? Ideally I would like to be able to specify that
>certain columns appear in a second window (which is opened
>by pressing a button in the first window), but it seems like
>all columns in a block must appear on the same page, in the same
>window. Is this right?

You can't really do that in this version. Try using the spreadtable or overflow option setting in the Table Layout tab of the dialog box.

>Also, how does a pop-up window defined in the MDD differ from
>a normal window.

A pop-up is what Developer calls a "stacked canvas"; it is managed by Forms, not by the operating system and is not a true GUI item to the operation system. Popups cannot be resized, iconified, moved, etc. -JJ

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle Designer/2000 Consulting & Training  951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119, Belmont, CA 94002  Voice: 415-571-7092, FAX: 800-665-1379
 Email: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Tue Jun 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message