Re: Web Toolkit:owa_util.rdirect_url

From: Rashid KArimov <rashid_at_IDT.NET>
Date: 1997/06/15

    Good luck with this one :) I've tried and failed too.     The thing is that one is supposed to use redirect     in a strict order with some other output, which order     very few people were able to figure out and it also     appears that they

  1. don't want to share their knowledge
  2. are not wired
  3. don't care

    BTW I've heard some rumors that Netscape is not very happy     with the fact that ORACLE has their own WWW server while     trying (hmm.. it's damn hard to say WHO is actually trying :)     to be a partner in the Inter(ra)net chase.

    Inderect indication of this is amount of effort ORACLE spends     on it's WWW Server ( www.olab.com is all about Proxy Server for     about a month now ... last time I checked a book by ORACLE Press     on WWW Server is still not out (?), etc ).

    But persoanlly I think that when it comes down to web-enabling     ORACLE DB nothing comes even close to ORACLE's way of doing now.

    Rashid.

Clarence Johnson <Clarence.Johnson_at_trw.com> wrote:
: Anyone ever use this routine. I get the following error :"The server
: had an internal error and could not process the request." I had this
: line in my procedure "owa_util.redirect_url('http://my.url');

: What I'd really like to do is pull the url from a table in the database
: and then navigate to that url.
: Something like :
: If (some condition) then
: owa_util.redirect_url(urlname);
: end if;
: where urlname is pulled from the Database.
: Can this be done?

: TIA