Re: Dev2000 for web

From: QuadTwin <quadtwin_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/06/13

[Quoted]  Yongwei Cao ycao_at_cco.caltech.edu wrote:

> I just installed Dev2000 For Web for WinNT4.0 (evaluation copy
> downloaded from the oracle web). But I can't get the demo to work. I
> got the following error message from Netscape Java Console:
>
> # Security Exception: cannot define package:java.awt.datatransfer #
> Applet exception: error: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError:
> Interface not found java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Interface
> not found
>
> Anyone has the same experience? or what is wrong? I followed the
> instruction step by step except that I use microsoft's IIS3.0 server
> instead of oracle's web server. But according to oracle's
> documentation, it should work with any web server.
>
> Has anyone succeeded with IIS 3.0?
>
> Thank you hor your help.

Dev/2000 1.4W (web) is using a newer version of Java than either the current Netscape and Explorer browsers. The production version provides a browser called the Appletviewer. I don't know if this is available on Oracle's web page.

Al Lawson
Interactive Group, Inc.
www.interactive-group.com
lawsona_at_interactive-group.com Received on Fri Jun 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message