Designer and Oracle database connect string

From: (wrong string) ßhoff <grasshof_at_mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de>
Date: 1997/06/06

[Quoted] I have the preview editions of Personal Oracle and Designer running and I would like to use the Generation Wizard to connect to my locally installed PO database. However, when I insert in the form User ID, Passwd and Connect String, I always get an error "Failed to connect to database". In fact I don't know how the connect string has to look like.

The file TNSNAMERS.ORA contains an entry for "anyname.world" and a SID instance. But how, if at all, does it enter the connect string?

Help is appreciated

Gerd Graßhoff
Max Planck Institute for History of Science Received on Fri Jun 06 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message