Scripts, Sqlloader, and Sqlplus

From: Programming <sysdev_at_mb.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1997/06/02

[Quoted] [Quoted] I am new to Sqlloader, and am using it to load some data. This also requires a lot of commands to be done in SQLPLUS.

I am trying to put everything that I have done into one script that can be run from the Unix prompt.

It is easy to put either SQLLOADer or SQLPLUS to the command prompt, with a script name as an input parameter.

However, how can I combine the two, into one Unix script? Is there a way to check any kind of return codes? ie. If failed, abort.

I would want the script to:
- create some temporary tables in SQLPLUS

  • load the data with SQLLOADer
  • do update, and other SQL commands in SQLPLUS

I suppose the other question would be, can all these same things be done from a SQLLOADer script?

Rodger Lepinsky Received on Mon Jun 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message