OWS web server - start problems...

From: Leo Selavo <elo_at_cs.pitt.edu>
Date: 1997/06/02

[Quoted] Hi, folks!

I have problems with Oracle Web Server (1.??, I guess...)

  1. I create a new directory for web documents, make a virtual directory for it with the listener administrator but can not access it from the web... The wirtual directory _is_ defined in the sv8888.cfg file, the real directory exists, the server was restarted after the modifications. Does not help. Any suggestions? Are there a limit on the total number of the virtual directories? so far I have 10, i.e. 8 created by installation (seems to work), and two extra by me that does not work...
  2. I have a new service with proper user and password defined and procedure in the database. But when I say from a browser:

http://host.address.here/service_name.owa.procedure_name

the procedure is not executed (not even found). The procedure _is_ in the database, it's source can be viewed by the OWS administrator browser on the web (obviously these services are working...). Is there anything else that should be done in order to get my services running?

[Quoted] 3) Is there a good FAQ about the oracle web server administration somewhere on the web? Seems like simple know-how things are missing in order to get system running properly...

Any commentd would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

Leo Received on Mon Jun 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message